House moving requires a lot of brainstorming sessions between the family or friends so that the process gets smoothen before the D-day arrives. We all get into such situations once in a lifetime where we themselves or a friend or relative go through the moving phase.
After planning comes to the most tedious task of packing all of your belongings, figuring out which items you’ll be parting ways with, changing addresses for utilities and bills, hiring movers, and much more. Integrated Movers have helped people move smoothly and with the best piece of advice for eliminating move, stress is always the same: proper planning and organization – specifically by using a moving checklist.
A moving checklist is the best way to take charge of your move and gear up with the process step by step. From figuring out your plan of action to determining how you will go about packing, and everything else in between – a moving checklist is the best way to track your progress and give you an idea of how things are going to be.
We’ve listed some of the most important tasks that one should keep in mind and note down in their moving checklists to follow:
- Get in touch, schedule, and hire a mover service company as soon as you plan for a house move as this will assure you a lot of things like your desired day of moving and the availability of the service staff.
- Begin cleaning specific areas like closets, behind the bed, storerooms etc so that you get saved from the last-minute chaos.
- Begin the process of updating your local address where necessary in areas like billing, insurance, school records, and so on.
- Make a list of things that will require special packing or breakproof packing.
10 Days Before!
- Stop everything that is connected to your past home address – Internet, cable, newspapers, or any labour services you receive around your house.
- Call and update all of your local utility companies and be sure they know the exact w.e.f. day to stop charging your old home address for services.
- Start labelling and organizing your belongings that need extra attention
- Start de-cluttering your space so that the day you move out it still looks clean and less worn out
- For the belongings that you no longer need, donate them to a charity or pass them on to an acquaintance if possible
- Make your trip plans to the new house on the day of the move, so that you are sorted before time. If you have kids or pets, develop a plan that fits their needs, too, and figure out where they will be while the home move is taking place.
1 Day Before!
- Be in direct contact with your moving company and double-check that everything is set in for the moving day. If you’re moving with INTEGRATED MOVERS GROUP, we will send an email solidifying all important details of your home move before the day of your actual move.
- Ensure all breakable items have been removed from dresser drawers and put away.
- Withdraw some cash to hold you over during the moving process.
- Perform one final cleaning of your home and appliances.
On the Very Last Day!
- Pack a bag for essential items you can access immediately when arriving at your new home. This can include anything from new house keys, chargers, wallets to toothbrushes, water bottles, etc.
- Make sure there is a clear moving path inside and outside of your home for movers to operate.
- Ensure you are at the home when the professional movers arrive so that you are accessible in case, they have any questions and concerns.
- Once the movers have loaded everything onto the moving truck, do one final walkthrough of the home and make sure nothing is left behind
- Lastly, say a final goodbye to your neighbors!