When was the last time you decluttered? If you’re considering a move, you might need to try downsizing your stuff. Decluttering is also an excellent opportunity to respect the memories you established in your previous residence before embarking on a new journey. Even if you don’t consider your home to be overly cluttered, chances are you have a few items hanging around that you could do without. The more you search, the more you’ll discover.
Moving an overloaded junk drawer or closets full of items you had no idea you had makes no sense. You’ll have to pack and carry all those additional items if you move yourself, and if you use a moving company in Etobicoke like Integrated movers’ group, you’ll pay more to transport stuff you don’t want in your new house.
Let’s get started with some simple tips on how you can declutter your home for moving.
1. Getting started with Decluttering
When it comes to decluttering, the toughest thing is getting started. Determine which objects will have a space in your new house before labeling boxes and filling storage containers. Most clutter is simple to see, but certain items require more than a once-over before being put away. This will help you and your movers in Mississauga to make this move go smoothly.
2. Things to pack first
Start with the heaviest stuff while decluttering for your move. We always began with our books. Even if you’re drowning in books, this is a rather simple category to navigate. It’s quick and simple. You’ll also save a lot of money by not having to move these large objects. Furthermore, their rectangular design makes them easy to pack once you’ve finished tidying.
3. The kitchen holds the most decluttering items
It is very normal that the kitchen holds the most items that can be decluttered. You should get rid of everything damaged, unsuitable, extra, or simply never utilized. This includes things like, Plastic containers, lids of lost boxes and vice versa, packets, old bottles, or even expired food.
4. Start ASAP
One of the most common mistakes individuals make when starting a pre-move decluttering endeavour is failing to start early enough. We usually have a lot more things than we think. Depending on the size of your home or apartment, you may want to begin at least two, six, or even twelve months before choosing your moving company in Etobicoke. That simply makes the procedure less intensive and unpleasant.
5. Set a room for decluttering
Having enough space to work is an essential component of the decluttering process. Setting aside a storage facility in which to work might be beneficial. This allows you to accumulate items for donation or sale. If you have a guest room in your house, this is the ideal location for the decluttering process. Because you may be decluttering for an extended period of time, selecting a space you don’t use frequently is critical.
Things that can be considered for decluttering
As mentioned above, Kitchen holds the most items that can be used for decluttering. But other than that, you can also check out other spaces in the house. If you are still worried about decluttering, you can always consult experts like the Integrated Movers group. They are one of the best moving companies in Mississauga.
- Bathroom: Bathrooms, like kitchens, acquire objects with a shelf life. This should make decluttering your bathrooms easier before relocating. Get rid of it if it’s expired or past its time. Items such as expired medicine, toiletries, old cosmetics and beauty supplies, brushes, and so on.
- Closets: This is an excellent place to declutter. You most likely have outgrown clothing, extra jewelry, surplus bedding and blankets, and shoes you never use. If you have children, you almost surely have outgrown clothing. Allow your children to assist you in clearing outdated toys as well.
- Garage: The garage, also known as the storage room, has a reputation for being overcrowded with items that you should definitely get rid of but are holding for some reason. When clearing your garage before relocating, keep in mind how much space you’ll have at your new house.
That’s all there is to it! Your detailed guide to decluttering for a move. If all of this thought of packing and relocating is making you nervous, let us handle it for you. Integrated Movers Group provides quality, full-service moving services in Mississauga, Etobicoke, and other areas to ensure your relocation goes as smoothly as possible.